Saturday, August 21, 2010

a little bit of family, away from my family....



Since my big move I have gotten lucky to be in a super awesome singles ward. I really love it. I finally have a calling..I'm on the New members committee! Basically the Bishop just wants me to meet people:) He knows it has been a rough lonely year for me aside from work so this is at least a way to get a date! haha On the flip side I met my cute little family of "girlfriends". These girls have literally taken me under their wing. Sundays are our day! We go to church(all 3 hours might I add :), make sunday dinner, and usually stay up a little too late chatting. It has been so fun! After church last week we did our usual dinner then some painting on their new (cutest) house, then had the sister missionaries over for a lesson. I have never had the opportunity of sitting through a missionary discussion like that. It was amazing. I sure do love missionaries. After having a brother/dad/mom serve one it  makes me have SO much respect for them! I decided that when I get married (since I WILL be getting married one day HAHA) I want to have the missionaries over all the time! Last friday the girls came to see my show. They loved it but I think I loved having them out there in the audience even more. It means so much to me to have support from friends I just barely met, who were excited for me and proud of me. They are the best. After the show I took them to my favorite place to eat Firefly. YAY for new friends.. Anyways thats all for now. XOXO-  a girl in the city


1 comment:

  1. your blog is so dang cute!! these girls look fabulous and i bet its so nice to have them in crazy vegas:) love you girl xoxo

    ReplyDelete