Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June 6th


It has taken me over a week to sit down and reflect back on this day. I’ve been keeping myself artificially ‘busy’ to avoid a meltdown. June 6th was an emotional and life changing day for me. What was once my constant, comfortable lifestyle and routine for almost 8 years has now done a complete 180'. I don’t even know who Stacey is without dance, Cirque, or performing. It feels like losing and finding myself all at the same time. It feels like a cement block has been lifted from my chest but that my heart is breaking into a million pieces. I feel relieved, alive and free but lost, anxious and scared. The true definition of #allthefeels. Just the thought of writing about this day brings me to tears. Sad tears of missing my old life and friends but excited and happy tears for what's to come. I have the opportunity right to now create the exact future that I want. I can be whoever I want to be. Do whatever I want to do. It’s actually kind of amazing! I've got a clean slate right in front of me. I recently heard in a class I took that all of our dreams, goals, and results happen outside of our comfort zone. Right now is my time to get uncomfortable. To create a life for myself that makes me happy and ultimately a life that my Father in Heaven is proud of. He didn't send us here to be miserable. Though I do question his intentions somedays haha I know that he wants us to be happy and successful and good. Just be good. Get up every morning and do your best for that day. Whatever "your best" looks like on that dreaded Monday morning, or gloomy Tuesday, or dragging hump-day. If you do your best, try your hardest, be kind, serve others, dream big, think positive, and surround yourself with people who challenge and inspire you to be better, everything will work out! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment