Saturday, February 12, 2011

a runner.

I'm not a runner. Never have been. I know lots of runners and I am always inspired by them. I think I want to be one, until I start running and about 1/2 mile in I start to feel the burn in my calves and lungs and instantly remember why I'm not a runner. But yesterday I received a text saying "6 mile mountain run, meet at my house at 9am". 6 MILES?? Never in my life have I run 6 miles. I have also never run with a group of people. I'm generally a get in my zone and don't be bothered kinda girl. To my surprise I said yes. I figured I'd soak up a little sun and scenery then bail after about mile 3. Not the case. In total it was 5 miles and took us an hour. It was beautiful but the almost 3 mile HILL at the start was not my favorite part. I am now lounged on my bed feeling the dull ache in my legs and wondering what tonight's 2 shows are gonna feel like. YIKES...
On the flip side I am pretty proud. I am also inspired all over again. I do love to run. It is a different kind of love. I hope to get better. I also hope to start running a lot more. Maybe one day I will actually run a full 6 miles. Maybe. And last I  hope that tomorrow when I wake up and can't walk, I will try to remember the parts I did enjoy about this morning. xoxo - a girl in the city


1 comment:

  1. looooove the new blog design!!!
    sorry i totally slacked when you asked me to help you again!...but whomever did this did much better than i could have haha loooove it!!

    ReplyDelete