Monday, June 6, 2011

After the rain, the rainbow!


Life can be stormy and full of surprises. Sometimes I am humbled by the trails some have to endure. I wish I could lighten their load just a little. In times of turmoil it is hardest to remember that everything happens for a reason. However twisted that reason may seem in the present. It is then that grow closest to our Father in Heaven. This morning as I was looking for some light to share, my family's motto came to mind. "After the rain, the rainbow".  A simple sentence full of so much hope! As I read through "Stand a little taller" I came across this quote.

 Accentuate the Positive
Men are, that they might have joy
- 2 Nephi 2:25

"I am asking that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we "accentuate the positive." I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort." - Gordon B. Hinckley

This is probably one of the hardest things to do. Negativity just comes naturally. You don't really have to work to be negative. Being positive takes a conscious effort. But oh how much more enjoyable this roller coaster called life would be if we all tried a little harder to be a little more positive. Even when you feel like your drowning in the rain. I don't mean to preach. Really this post is for me, something I could really work on. Just some thoughts I wanted to share with my cyber journal. Hope you all have a wonderful week full of rainbows minus the rain ;)
xoxo - a girl in the city 

No comments:

Post a Comment