Friday, January 11, 2013

a WHOLE new me.

Originally I planned to start 2013 off with a personalized 30 day challenge. It consisted of a few personal and religious goals, a few physical goals, and a few adjustments to my eating habits such as NO soda, No fast food and No fried food. Well as of Monday January 14th this challenge is about to have a WHOLE new meaning. I have officially signed up for the Crossfit Whole 30 +12 days -Team Challenge. Or some may call it... officially loosing my mind. I am herby announcing this mid-life crisis on my blog so that all of you along with my team can hold me accountable. I have never been one to make drastic changes in my eating or try intense dieting. I believe in making healthy choices and portion control. The fact is I like food... well love is probably the more accurate word. I really LOVE food and I love trying new flavors. One of my favorite things is to enjoy a good quality meal with good company. The problem is how often is that food really good for us. Am I really giving my body that same party that happens in my mouth while I am enjoying that processed, greasy, sugar filled food. Sadly no. But I am excited to be starting off this year with a challenge and new experience of enjoying real, naturally grown, nutrient dense food with lots of vitamins and minerals. Now THAT sounds like a party;). This is most definitely going to be a challenge. I am quite positive I have never completed something this extreme and I am determined to prove to myself that "I" can do anything for 30 days. Especially something that will jump start my body into a healthier happier 2013!

{ This is not hard. It's only thirty days, and it's for the most important health cause on earth-the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime.} - The Whole30 team



1 comment:

  1. Guess what!? We are moving to a paleo diet which is very similar. I have been feeling so much better. You can totally rock this! :)

    ReplyDelete