Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Magic potions

Unfortunately there are no magic potions or quick fixes for something like depression. In fact it's taken more energy, work, effort and patience than I have ever given to one thing in my life. Besides maybe dance that is. It's amazing how you can have your worst days and your best days all in the same week. Talk about messing with my already emotional and sensitive mind. Sheesh. What a rollercoaster. I don't like to say 'I suffer from depression'. But I can honestly admit that I have experienced a few 'spells' of depression throughout my adult life. Most days I've never felt better. My mind is clear and confident and my future seems bright. I look forward to the people I get to wake up and see everyday and I often imagine the future faces I will meet and look forward to creating new bonds and friendships with those individuals. I feel energetic.. sometimes even 'high' on life. Well what I imagine being 'high' might feel like. But in reality, like everyone else I have my bad days too. I get a wave of nerves come over my body when I start to notice the symptoms creeping in. Lack of motivation, sleepy and restless all the time, daily pity parties or emotional breakdowns, an overall sense of selfishness and not the good positive uplifting 'I am focusing on bettering myself' kind of selfishness. Daily happiness is a choice. I have clearly not perfected this simple task but I am working on it every single day. We win some, we lose some. On those tough days remember you're not alone, get yourself a treat and go to bed early. Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment