Monday, January 11, 2010

2010!!





I got to spend the first few days of the new year at home in UTAH! Being home with my family makes me so happy. There is just that constant feeling of love for the people around you, and that cozy warm feeling you get even when its FREEZING out! There is nothing like it. I walked in on monday to the smell of my moms HOME COOKED MEAL! Moms just know exactly what their kids need. I loved getting to catch up with friends. There never seems to be enough hours in a day to see everyone. I am grateful I did squeeze in a little class before I got see sick. Taking class with my ODT family again was amazing. Not even our 4 hour lunch to catch up was enough. I am grateful they are all still a huge part of my life and I know we will be lifelong friends! Having to leave is always the hardest part. I usually wake up early, wipe away a few tears, grab some Mcdonalds and fill up on gas. The drive is long but goes by pretty smoothly. This time was a little different. As I reached Nephi I noticed the car was acting funny and singing me an unusual high pitched song. I got a pit in my stomach so I pulled over the car. I could tell something was not normal. It was 7:30am when I called to ruin my dads full day of work and other plans to say...UM dad?...My car broke down........haha I was scared he was going to be upset but he calmly said Ok I'll be right there. I sat and froze in the car for about an hour in the middle of no where. When my dad finally pulled up I wanted to cry. I was so happy to see his smiling face step out of my dorky convertable ready to save the day! We drove it to a gas station in Manti fixed it up and I was on my way. So we thought.... After about 45 mins of driving it happened all over again. I couldn't believe it. I hurried and called my dad who turned around and came right back with out even flinching. He is one amazing dad! We ended up switching cars so I could hopefully make it back to Vegas in time for my show. In a hurry to catch up on lost time I guess you could say I was speeding. The cop was driving on the other side of the road when I saw him flash his lights. He drove through the ditch, flipped his car around and got behind me. By this point I was loosing it. He came up to me and ask if I was in a hurry. I lost it. I was a crazy person crying and trying to explain about the car breaking down twice and how I was going to miss my show and blah blah blah. He just game me a nice smile and asked for my license and registration (which was expired of course). Back track: A week before I went home I got pulled over here in Vegas for the registration on the other car. While I was home we got that fixed so I wouldn't have any more problems! ...
Anyways the cop came back after a few minutes, handed me my license and said, " I hope your day gets better, drive safely, SLOW DOWN, and get your registration fixed." I probably could have kissed the guy I was SO happy. NOT EVEN A WARNING? I said thank you maybe 40 times!! I wanted to get out and give him a hug. HAHA What a good man! SO After all that I spent my drive thinking how there are always blessings in disguise. No matter how bad you think your day is going try to think of the good. Like what an amazing dad I have and how we will probably remember that day forever. Or how that cop knew just by pulling me over was a lesson enough and that I didn't need a 100$ dollar ticket on top it. I am grateful for these small blessings that I get each and everyday! xoxoxo- a girl in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment