Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Before and After

This post is about to get very personal...it's a good thing I don't have many followers;). 
(side note): I fully understand how ridiculous mirror pictures are so please forgive me. I was asked by my trainer at 24 hour fitness to write a success story. I am not exactly sure where to begin so I thought I'd try writing 'my story' here first before it hangs on the gym wall for all to see. Hopefully are a less judge mental audience...I mean most of you were still my friend when I was chubby:) 

Growing up as a dancer and performer body image is everything. My weight has varied greatly the past 5 years and has always been my biggest insecurity. I started working for Cirque Du Soleil in 2009. It was an amazing opportunity but came with a large amount of pressure. I didn't have that naturally thin build or athletic body like people would expect from a cirque performer. I was always comparing myself to the bodies around me. Last year I finally decided that I was in control. I was the only one keeping me from looking the way I wanted. For the past 9 months I have worked out with Drew consistently 2 days a week along with coming to the gym at least 3 days on my own. I have definitely developed a passion for fitness. I have never felt more confident or proud of my body than I do now. I wont always have the luxury of a trainer but Drew has instilled a lifestyle change that I hope to keep forever. 

July 2011: Before

150 lbs 25% body fat 

April 2012: After 

143 lbs 20% body fat 



ps. I fully plan on taking an after the after photo cause this working out stuff is addicting;) 
Cheers to a happy, healthy lifestyle!! 
xoxo - a girl in the city 


3 comments:

  1. you look amazing stace! so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You look so great. And body image is something we all deal with, I just think it is so important to feel in charge of it and that makes such a huge difference! I love you!

    ReplyDelete