Thursday, May 20, 2010

A master cleanse..

Sometimes in life we get lost and need a rude awakening to open up our eyes. We need to refocus our priorities and find "ME" again. Who am I? What do I stand for? More importantly, what are my eternal goals in life? I like these kind of awakenings. I will admit the shock of hearing it from someone hurts but the evaluation part is refreshing. It's like a big fat life CLEANSE. I love that word! Just reading and writing it makes me feel pure and fresh and rejuvenated. You know that feeling like after you clean out your closet, or organize the "crap drawer", or the week you start a new diet? Yes that's what I'm talking about! My life cleanse began two days ago. I already feel like a new person. I wont bore you by going into the details but I will say that giving up that self absorbing FB page has been a perfect starting point for me. I find myself with spare time to focus on what's really important. Along with plenty of time to start my scrapbook calendar! (sorry it took so long, photos below just for you mom!!) Yes the photo/page stalking, wedding announcements and cute comments are exciting but a little time away is just what I need. I can't keep living through other peoples lives and wondering what my life would have been like" if".... I need to live mine now, just the way it is. I am SO blessed. I love my life, I love my family and I love my job. I wouldn't want to be in anyone elses shoes. Mine are plenty big to fill. In the long run all I want is for my Heavenly Father to be proud of the decisions I am making. To be proud of the woman /wife/mother/grandmother that I will be someday. I know he has a plan for each of us and I know everything happens for a reason. I am so grateful for this cleansing period in my life. I want to share a scripture I came across tonight. 1 John 3:2-3 it reads: "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure." - I know everyone relates to scriptures differently but this one tonight was written for me. I needed to read that. I love making small changes in my life that have big results in only a few days. Talk about prayers being answered. I am making changes. I am Happy. I hope you find something small to cleanse in your life. There is no better feeling that being pure and clean. Have a wonderful week! xoxo- a girl in the city


Christmas scrapbook calendar!

3 comments:

  1. Stacey! I loved that. Every word. Thank you for sharing that. I have been doing a house cleanse lately and now I am on to the self cleanse cause of you. You impress me more and more with your blog posts. Love reading them and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sista! "To cleanse is to be FREE! Free to fly, happy and careless. To experience this life to the fullest living in the moment." U can quote me on that. I wrote it. hehe I love you and am so proud. Cleanse on, you're taking the lead little sister and I will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, you're so cute. Thanks for all the blog comments. I honestly doubt anyone even sees it until I get a cute comment from you. I blog for myself, but I'm happy that I can share it with friends and family. Love getting your blog updates. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete