Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A weekend to remember!


Conference on Sunday was amazing. I know it sounds cliche but I genuinely felt like every speaker was talking to me. I needed this day as a reminder and also as a testimony builder. I had had a rough week and was feeling quit down. Heavenly Father always knows when to step in. This is my Gratitude Journal. The sister felt like I wasn't being as grateful as I should be. Maybe thats where all my bad luck was coming from... turns out she was right. I took notes from every speaker in this Journal and its something I'll always be reminded by and grateful for. Thanks sister for the eye opener. I love you. We should all work on having an "Attitude of Gratitude"- President Thomas S. Monson


Monday Night my sweet friends treated me to Dinner and a movie for a late B-day Celebration. I love these girls. How did everyone know how much I love flowers and how that was a perfect gift for me this year?? I guess great minds think alike:) ps. Go see "Social Network"...super cool movie! 

(other flowers from Family, Hayles, and Christina!) 

MUG SHOT
This pic was me making an attempt for my new Nevada drivers license photo. I had to take the written test yesterday. Well, I really took it Monday but failed on the last question. I returned yesterday to redeem myself and passed with flying colors. If you haven't heard I recently had the cops over looking for me. Stupid missed court date. I thought it would be funny to do more of a mug shot but once I saw this photo I changed my mind. MUG is not my cutest look. All smiles it is for this chick. 

Sick little guy :(
Yesterday morning (7am to be exact) Bentley was out back and barked for an hour straight. I finally stormed out of bed to get him and put him in the kennel. I made him stay in there till I was done sleeping. Such a mean mom I know! I let him out to play but noticed he was acting funny. I later found him laying here in is bed just looking at the blue siding. I picked him up and he just laid in my arms like a baby. He couldn't even lift his head up. Then I heard his little tummy going crazy. He looked at me with those puppy eyes and literally started to cry. Saddest thing ever haha. I hurry and took him out but he just laid in the rocks. I had to leave for work so I left him out there. Later I got a text for an upset roomie who HATES puppy poop. " Bentley just pooped EVERYWHERE..the runny kind" haha awe the little guy is so sick. How do you make him feel better???? And how do we clean the carpets??? 

xoxo- a girl in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment