Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy Hump day!

So today is my hump day and boy was I feelin' it. I woke up this morning having one of those moments where your body is so sore you actually think you might need a doctor. (dramatic I know, but we've all been there;). When you think that just sitting to use the restroom will never be the same. Or getting in and out of your car is a 3 min ordeal in it of itself. Eek. In less words. I'M SORE. Determined to make it the gym before work I wasn't exactly sure what I'd be able to do. I needed to get my legs moving so I thought I'd start with a light 15 min jog on the treadmill. To my surprise my legs were grateful just to shake up a little of that lactic acid. I then decided to move over and try the row machine for another 15 min. Ps. if you have never done the row machine...15 min is awfully long time. Just sayin:) But again my body was happy just to be moving. I finished on the bike determined to stick to my on going trend of 15 minutes. It was rough I'm not gonna lie. I was sweaty and tired but feeling 100 times better than I had just 45 minutes earlier. Never has this quote been more true:


 I already feel better about this hump day. I definitely left the gym with a sweaty smile on my face and feeling about 500 calories lighter. The cement in my legs has softened and I'm ready to go to work and have 2 awesome shows! I hope this hump day (Thursday) is treating you well!

BTW.. I signed up for my first Rhino course. Have you ever done a Rhino? What are your thoughts? All I know is that it's 4 miles, 100 obstacles and that I am officially CRAZY!! Wish me luck!
xoxo - a girl in the city

2 comments:

  1. you go girl. i didn't make it to the gym yet today, and you have just inspired me to do so!

    i've never heard of this 'rhino course'... can't wait to hear more about it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you have great motivation! I haven't worked out in months! Thanks for the inspiration! I tagged you in the 11 Questions tag! Visit My Blog Here for details!

    <3 marielley

    ReplyDelete