Monday, December 14, 2009

Only 48 hours until hopefully my life will get semi back to normal. I have not been myself lately because of the conditions we have been working in. We renamed Cirque du soleil, Slaves du Soleil = Slaves of the sun...kinda catchy we think! haha But really I am emotionally and physically gone. Sometimes I think I am sleeping with my eyes open while learning a new dance the day of a run through. I know it will get easier and just yesterday I was kindly reminded that all this will turn into a beautiful experience soon enough. These rough patches are just part of the process. There are a few bright sides like walking in today to Entertainment tonight news reporters interviewing Priscilla Presley on our stage. Or finding articles like the one below in the LA times of one our rehearsals. Those are always exciting. Anyways among feeling drained and a bit lost I took a moment tonight to reflect on my blessings. I sat down and read some letters from some of my beautiful friends and family. Most of them of expressed love and excitement about this adventure I would be having. But one thing almost all had in common was the reminder of where my "HOME" and the people who really love me are. Friends are family are SO important. I know I have complained a lot about feeling lonely or not finding friends but deep down I know my Heavenly Father is glued to my side and here with me every step of the way. Its amazing how pieces of paper filled with love and heart felt thoughts can really turn your whole day around. I am so grateful for these letters. I am so grateful for my HOME , family, and friends who keep my grounded. I am so grateful for the support I have received during this whole process. I need it! Knowing that I have people cheering me on is sometimes what gets me through the day. I am grateful to be apart of this show. I am growing here in ways I never thought possible. I hope that over these next two years each of you get a chance to come out and experience VIVA ELVIS! I love you and if you reading this I definitely miss you!! xoxo- a girl in the city

No comments:

Post a Comment