Thursday, September 23, 2010

My dream job

I really do have one of the best jobs out there. Performing every night comes with its up and downs but all around I am pretty lucky. The one part I just can't seem to fall in love with is Vegas. If only If only If only I could do this job somewhere else. Somewhere like LA with beaches and perfect weather and amazing class to choose from and lets not forget about the shopping. I have always wanted to try living there but told myself I would only do it if I had a secure job. I'm not one of those auditioning types, sadly the blonde barbie look alike isn't what Usher or Janet ( you get what I mean) are typically looking for. Anyways at the start of the year Cirque announced the creation of a new show planning to open next summer at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood CA. They have already had auditions are they creating this coming January. Its a 5 month creation in Montreal and 3 year contract in LA. This Dec. is my 1 year mark on my actual contract with Elvis. It is crazy to think I have already been apart of this show for 1 year and 4 months. I decided that next Dec. when this contract ends I am going to do my best to be transferred to the Kodak show. I'd get to skip creation and they would only have 2 years left of their contract. It would seriously be a dream! I still have a year but I sometimes can't sleep at night because I can't stop thinking about it. The show recently announced the name along with a description of the show.




This new production from Cirque du Soleil is a lyrical, fanciful, kinetic foray into the seventh art. Bringing together dance, acrobatics, live video, filmed sequences and animation, the show takes spectators on a fantastic voyage through the history of cinema and its genres, taking them into the heart of the movie-making process. From illustration to animation, black and white to colour, silent films to talkies, fixed shots to swooping camera movements, spectators witness the poetic construction/deconstruction of this art as an object and as a way of transcending reality.
So fun huh?? ...keep your fingers crossed for me and I promise I'll let you come stay and play at the beach! xoxo- a girl in the city

2 comments:

  1. um ya ill keep my fingers crossed for you! that would be incredible!! How did you get that cute pic at the top of your blog page there?? I fail at making my blog cute haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just catching up on all my fav people's blogs! I love your's, it always makes me happy! So crossing my fingers for the new job! And i love the watch, it will be worth the wait. ps i get rashes from them too, can't wear earrings either, boo.

    ReplyDelete