Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a sad day..

This is my aunt Jeanette with her son Danny at his graduation. Danny passed away on Sunday night at the young age of 25. Our family has never experienced a death like this. No matter how close or far, big or small, Family is Family and a little piece of ours is gone. This passing has really affected me, not only will I miss Danny but I now know how real Satan is. He will tempt us and nag at us forever once he finds a weakness. I hope I never give him something to nag at. All I can think at this time is to stay close to my Heavenly Father. He will keep us safe. He will bring us comfort. He will guide and protect us. Satan is real. But our Father in Heaven is more real and he LOVES us. I will do everything in my power every single day to stay close to him. My heart aches to be with my family. Being on my own and away from home at times like these make me realize how weak I am without them. Yesterday I kind of fell apart. I was extremely sick and being sick made me more weak. I couldn't stop the tears which didn't help the migraine and all I wanted was a hug from my mom and a fathers blessing. As I drove myself home from work I said a prayer asking my Heavenly Father what I needed to do to calm down and ease my pain. Instantly I knew I needed to ask for a blessing. I text my roommate and she called two awesome young men from our ward. They came over right away and I received the most beautiful blessing. The spirit was so strong. The power of a Priesthood blessing is unlike anything else. I will always be grateful for those two guys for honoring their Priesthood and for dropping what they were doing to come help me. The Church is true, SO true. xoxo- a girl in the city

1 comment:

  1. Stace, this was so touching. I'm so sorry to hear bout your cousin. Death is an unwelcome guest and the grief associated with it is real. I hope you and your family will find the comfort you need. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete