Monday, May 23, 2011

My 12 week countdown!

For the next 12 weeks my life will consist of running, running, and more running. Thanks to my sisters motivation and example, I have officially registered for my first half marathon and training starts tomorrow. Oddly enough and I am really excited. So excited in fact, last week I made a countdown till my countdown. I think its the goals and schedules and idea of it all that excites me. Being able to say I accomplished something I could have sworn I could never do is quit liberating. Lets hope 12 weeks from now this excitement continues and I make it across the finish line(even if I'm crawling) so I still have something to feel liberated about! Bring on the miles! Here's to a happy, healthy life!
xoxo - a girl in the city

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! way to go stace! That is definitely something that I don't think I could ever do.....so I'm super impressed that you're on your way to accomplishing this goal. good luck, and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is awesome! and i love the countdown for the countdown thing... i think i totally do that. i promise the feeling you get crossing that finish line will make all the training worth it.

    and by the way... thanks so much for all your sweet words. you are darling, my dear.

    ReplyDelete