Saturday, April 10, 2010

Some fun in the sun!

I had a wonderful weekend with sadly zero photos to prove it. I drove to St. George to stay and play with the Bland family over our 2 day weekend. Now this is a family I love to be around. Not only do they wait on you hand and foot and make you feel like a million bucks on their vacation but they are fun, adventurous, and so darn cute!
My first day Kenna took me for a ride on the ranger and the boys followed in on their 4 wheeler. Later that night Sus and I had a much needed typical girl chat where I ended up talking her ear off unitl 3 am!! Oops time sure does fly when your having fun! The next day we drove to Zion's national park and did a very LONG, HARD, HIGH CALORIE BURNING hike up to this weeping rock. In total I think the hike was about .4 miles, yes .4 .........mine and Brevin's legs were jello in the first 2 minutes. HAHA Good thing the hike was only 5 mins total or I'm not sure we would have made it to the top ;)
After our casual walk in the park hike we ended the day playing in the sand dunes! SO FUN....I had heard lots about them but never been myself. The red sand is so soft and the "mountains" as Shauna would say were fun to climb aside from my terrible fear of heights. (thank you cirque du soleil) Anyways thank you again Blands for including me on this fun vacation. I sure do love your family!!! Ps. Sus I LOVE my magic bullet already. THANKYOU!!
Now back to reality... First show tonight was really exciting. We performed for this seasons American Idol top 8 contestants along with the cast from "Dance your A$$ off ". After our first show the America Idol cast came back stage for a short meet and greet. Everyone was really nice and very outgoing. Big Mike is my favorite. We bonded during animation before the show as I played Amber from Dallas Texas :) He loved playing along with me and so it was fun to meet him after and introduce myself as Stacey haha. Look for us in next weeks Elvis episode airing on Wednesday at 7pm!
Now that I am back to work for a 6 day week which means 12 shows....down 2 only 10 more to go, I hope the rest of you enjoy your weekend and hopefully get some nice spring weather. xoxo- a girl in the city
ps. HUGE thanks to my very ARTISTIC and talented cousin Bryn for helping me with the blog makeover! It's looking so much better already. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment