Monday, November 23, 2009

I have decided that for myself the Adventure that I started 7 months should be documented. I am not the most creative person and I definitely do not have the best grammar but hey who's judging?! I wont be sad if you get bored and stop reading! Well where to begin... Recently I joined the circus. We began training and rehearsing in Montreal Canada on June 1st. Little did I know all the things I would learn. We had to climb a net where I completely had a melt down and learned of my EXTREME fear of heights. I learned to Lasso. Unfortunately Im not the best cowgirl but am somehow am stuck doing it for the next two years. haha Hey.. atleast the costume's cute! We dug deep to find our Polynesian roots and learned to Hula. I think I got lucky having that brown blood married into the family. Hula was my favorite but sadly did NOT make the cut for the show :( Maybe next the show. I learned Pole dancing...yes Stacey Clark from Draper Utah learned how to dance on a pole! haha I am quit proud I have to say. Its something I never saw myself doing. Ps. its the most amazing arm/ lower abs workout EVER.. if you were wondering! Aside from learning and dancing we also took a trip to Memphis. That was a highlight of my summer for sure. What a fun, hot, sticky, humid, exciting, interesting place. We arrived Hollywood style, in our private plane, had a tour of Graceland and a dinner/ dancing to the blues to top it off. Everything to me seemed surreal. I would go back in a heart beat! Graceland is such a unique and beautiful home. Anyways Montreal was truly an incredible experience. I loved all the Culture and different lifestyles I was able to be around and even live with. Without getting to mushy on you I have to say attending Church there was also a highlight. It completely changed my perspective and opened up my eyes. I guess going to Church isn't always about the fashion show each sunday or the weekly catch up with friends. It about our Savior and its about having a testimony of this gospel. I love the people I met there and will always have a little place in my heart for them. I do hope one day I can go back and visit. Now I am here. I have been living here in Las Vegas for 3 months. This is where I got the name "A girl in the City". No not the Big City...but a city that is definitely bigger than Lehi Ut. This has been my test to really find myself. Who is this girl in the city? Who do I want her to be? Its my goal to try to be a light in the City. I will shine the best I know how. Everyday is a new day to shine a little brighter. The only way to really shine is to keep your attention on others. The minute you start to focus on yourself and dwell or feel sad or lonely I think my light starts to dim. I am here living my dream. Experiencing the world...WHAT DO I HAVE TO BE SAD ABOUT?? Yes I miss my family. Yes I want to be home for the holidays. Yes sometimes the 14 hour days get to me. Yes buying groceries and doing laundry and being the taxi isn't always fun or easy but hey...I guess thats what happens when you grow up! This is life..this is MY life. All I can do is my best, be Grateful for what I have and always Live my life fullout with feeling:) its a little stage term we use here. You should try it! Gosh I am sorry for the novel but I guess this is just for me anyways. xoxo- A girl in the city

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! You are amazing, keep it up and I can't wait to visit you!!! love you

    ReplyDelete