Thursday, November 26, 2009

There is NO place like home for the Holidays

I tried my best this year but I just think even the little holidays wont feel the same. I do have a great cast here though that reminds me that I am loved. We have become a family and I am very thankful for that. I have more blessings in my life than I can even count. Sometimes I am selfish and forget, but love days like today to remind me. I had a challenge once in seminary to practice saying your prayers withOUT asking for anything. Only thank Heavenly Father for your blessings. I am going to do this at least once a week from now on. It is important to not only recognize your blessings but also who and where they came from. This thanksgiving I am grateful for the spirit. When I can feel the spirit it feels like home. When I think of home I can feel my family around me. Without the spirit I would be one lonely girl. I hope everybody had a wonderful thanksgiving and ate lots of yummy food. Count your blessings! I love you - a girl in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment